Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tiramisu Parfait at Barnes & Noble


"You will want to lick the plastic when you're done," he said so lustily that I was afraid that I didn't hear him correctly.

"And, if you don't want to; I will," he declared.

Wow. This had better be amazing then, I thought.

I was at the cafe area of a local Barnes & Noble, already tired from the long day, but committed to a 4 hour editing session with my good friend who is in the process of writing a series of novels. I needed a caffeine break and headed to the line so that I could order some sort of Starbucks-esque beverage to keep me truckin' through the content. I came back with this delightful little parfait in addition to a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

I have a weakness for tiramisu and will try a new version of this delectable dessert whenever I have the chance. He was enthiastically in favor of my choice: "that is sooooo good!"

I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I don't have a ton of faith in prepackaged dessert items. They look nice, but don't often deliver when it comes to quality of product and/or taste. I would much rather have a slightly sloppy chunk of tiramisu served from a pan in the kitchen of some old Italian lady...but after a long day, I figured anything would be better than nothing.
At least, I hoped it would be.

I am happy to report that my fears were unfounded.
It was fresh and creamy; moist, but not overly wet. The flavor was exactly as tiramisu should be - coffee and cocoa meet buttery lady fingers layered in smooth cream. Wow.

I love it when I am wrong...in circumstances like this.

If you find yourself relaxing at a Barnes & Noble this weekend, treat yourself.
It is my opinion that you won't be disappointed.

And I won't hold it against you if I glance up and see you licking the plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...