Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Eggs and Spinach


I wanted an easy dinner. Something I could make quickly. Eggs usually end up being my go-to when I don't want to take the time to prepare anything else. And this evening, I has some Gouda in the house that also needed using up.

I prepared my eggs starting with high heat and ending with low heat. I tossed strips of cheese into the eggs that were already starting to cook in the pan and that's about when I turned down the heat. I wanted the cheese to melt and get crusty. When it's cooked this way, there's a nice variation between soft, fluffy eggs and crusty, crunchy cheesy spots.

After the eggs were served on my plate, I realized I hadn't really thought through what to serve with them. I had some bread and crackers, but I was looking for something that would be healthier alternative. And then I remembered the bag of freshly picked, organic spinach in my fridge.

It was the perfect contract of hot and cold, fresh and cooked. Each bite of egg had a crisp leaf to go with it.

Dinner was served. And I decided it was definitely yummy-goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...