Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

After Tonight, I Know That You'll Always Be My Crush

Crazy how it feels tonight
Crazy how you make it all alright

Sitting smoking feeling high
In this moment it feels so right 


---

After the wine, after the smokes, after the enchanted drive through a neighborhood filled with sparkling lights, I just knew that I wanted to kiss your face. There was absolutely no doubt. There was just stopping your body long enough so that I could press my lips to yours. I can't think of a time when I have ever been that bold with someone who wasn't already mine.

I mean, I literally stepped out in front of you, grabbed your face, shut my eyes tight and planted a smack on your smile.

I can hardly even believe it. Even now. But it just felt right. So right, in fact, that not doing it would have been criminal. 

Being close to you, tracing your face and the edge of your bottom lip with my fingertip was exactly what I was suppose to be doing that night.

The air around us was heady with "meant to be" and I was high on it. Absolutely out-of-my-mind, no sense left.

That's probably why I took off my shirt; probably why you kissed my neck. Things we should have done a long time ago, but didn't. It was time to cash in on all the experiences we should have had together. In this moment, inhibition booted out the fuckin' door - because who needs to listen to reason when "meant to be" reigns as queen - and I all I wanted was you.

So I had you.

It was simple. Easy. Like we had been together for ten thousand days beforehand, and engaging each others bodies was something we knew by heart. Something we had the right to do.

It was crazy. And at the same time, so absolutely right.

It left me wondering, could any tomorrow be as wondrous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...