Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

look, this is how it is...

Look, I am really happy for you- really, I am. But it just doesn't mean to me what it means to you. Before, it would have. I would have been genuinely excited and ignorantly happy in that hopeless romantic kind-of-way; but that isn't who I am anymore. I've grown cynical, untrusting. So, I am really happy for your happy moment; and I think that I can even be genuinely, hopelessly-romantic-happy for YOU; but I understand that- for me- that kind of giddiness is gone.

And even to the point of hearing your happy news, I have to remind myself to be happy for you; instead of my natural response of "please, dear god, think through what you are doing."

So, just understand, I am giving you all I can. Asking for anymore would just be plain impolite. It isn't nice to rub someone else's nose in happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...