Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

NC Coast


Why don't I do this more often- the beach is only 3 hours away. Really, not that long to drive for several hours worth of fun- sure it is messy fun (sand gets EVERYWHERE); but what is fun without a mess to go along with it.

Rand and I drove to Wrightsville today on our way to J'ville. It isn't really on the way, but we wanted to go to the beach this afternoon; and the drive back north isn't too bad- only an hour.

It was a perfect day to be at the beach. Sunny- warm, but not hot; and nice and breezy. The water was warm and clear. The waves were playful. The sand was smooth and warm (again, not too hot). Rand was jazzed to be there- and to tell you the truth, so was I. I love the beach; and even though I've allowed some mountain thoughts to creep in (the whole tubing thing has got my head turned), I think I will always be a beach-girl at heart.

And I wondered, why don't I do this more often? The beach (just like a good mountain creek) is worth a long-haul day trip more often than once a year. Think you might want to come along sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...