Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

shakin' my groove thing

As usual, music hits the spot.
And tonight, it was music paired with physical release: I popped in my shuffle and jogged around the neighborhood (thank you to my physically fit friends that encourage me to challenge my body); and then made space in my living room for an impromptu dance-a-thon. I wish you had been here to dance with me; but then, you may have feared the passion that was released. I'm too much; and sometimes, it is hard to find people that I don't scare when the true Jenny comes out. And when I am in this kind of mood, I certainly don't want to explain myself- so don't bother looking at me with question marks in your eyes as if you've never seen me...because, the truth is- you haven't.

So, I am dancing; and singing; and living the words.
Check out my playlist (and thoughts) for the evening:

Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
I'm a beast when you turn me on
Into the future cybertron
Harder, faster, better, stronger
Let the beat rock


Last Name- Carrie Underwood
Last night, I got served a little too much of that poison
Last night I did things I'm not proud of and I gotta little crazy
Where did my manners go?
Outta nowhere, I gotta go, hit the road


Church- T-Pain (feat. Teddy Verseti)
I was tryin' to enjoy my night, but then you came here
Then I turn into a rude dude, man
Why you had to fuck up the night
Now we got to fight, I'm gonna knock out your lights
I'm gonna put you in the dark, clap on clap off
Until I put it hard and show them what I got


Just Dance- Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis
I've had a little bit too much
wish I could just shut my playboy mouth
how did my shirt turn inside out
Just dance, gonna be okay, let that record play


Esta Noche- Pedro Capó
vamos hacer el amore esta noche
un besito para aqui, una beso para ya


Don't Stop the Music- Rihanna
I'm making my way over to my favorite place
Gotta get my body moving, shake the stress away
Please don't stop the music
mamase, mamasa, mamacusa


Gotta Get Thru This- Daniel Bedingfield (D'N'D Radio Edit)
if only I could get through this
I gotta get through this
Give me one more second, then I'll be alright
give me til tomorrow then I'll be okay


Hit Me Up- Gia Farrell
Can't you see me walkin through the door
Maybe I should turn it up a little but more
I can't help but feel responsible
you want this, work it for this
show me that you got what's right


Blame It- Jamie Foxx (feat. T-Pain)
blame it on the alcohol
what you been feeling deep inside
Let it out now


La Tortura- Shakira (Artista Invitado Alejandro Sanz)
No pido que todos los días sean de sol
Ay amor me duele tanto
Ay amor fue una tortura
Sólo de errores se aprende
Yo sé que no he sido un santo


Pon de Replay- Rihanna
turn that music up
I'm the girl on the dance floor wanting some more
shake it til the moon becomes the sun
you want to groove
I'ma show you how to move


I'm A Slave For You- Britney Spears
I need to do what I feel like doing
Dancing is what I love

Live Your Life- T.I. (feat. Rihanna)
start being thankful for what you do got
live your life
ain't got no time for no haters
Hey, never mind what haters say
Ignore them til they fade away
It has an area, a shade of gray
Got everyone watching what I do
Come walk in my shoes
And see the way I'm living
If you really want to


Buttons- The Pussycat Dolls
Back up all the things that I told you
And the heat coming from this beat
I'm about to blow
I don't think you know
I wonder
If I'm just too much for you


Right Round- Flo Rida
You spin my head right round
She's amazin', fire blazin'


When I Grow Up- The Pussycat Dolls
Be careful for what you wish for
Cuz you just might get it
Get it?


American Boy- Estelle (feat. Kanye West)
Take me on a trip, I'd like to go someday

Give It to Me- Timbaland featuring Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado
I'm the type of girl who'll look you dead in the eye
Why's everybody on my shit?
Don't hate on my just because you didn't come up with it


Shake Your Pom Pom- Missy Elliott
shake it like a pom pom
move it to the left, move it to the right
double time, double time
lift up your skirts
Them turn em out
Go ahead shake it out


Take the Lead (Wanna Ride)- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony & Wisin & Yandel
You know she'll get it
Yes, I love to dance
I don't wanna stop

That's Not My Name- The Ting Tings
Four letter word just to get me along
It's a difficulty and I'm biting on my tongue and I
I keep stalling, not keeping it together
People around gotta find something to say now
They call me quiet girl
But I'm a riot
Maybe Jolissa
Always the same
That's not my name


That's about all that was on my mind tonight.
Hope you enjoyed the progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...