Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Halloween Candy in September


I saw it in the bulk isle at The Bread Basket and picked it up without thinking twice, a bag of "Autumn Mix." In this case, "Autumn Mix" refers to regular and caramel candy corn kernels and pumpkin-shaped candy. My kid loves regular candy corn - and I really wanted to try to darker kernels, the caramel flavored ones. I figured this bag o' delights was plenty of candy to suit both of our "sweet tooth" needs.

I was gone on a weekend away with my boyfriend and was adding to the "goodies" I could bring home. I left my 7 year old at home with his dad and I knew I had some making up to do. When he found out that I was headed to the mountains to pick apples without him, he was upset.

I don't blame him.

---

I made sure to return home in time for our bedtime ritual. But I was just in time - and so didn't get the chance to unload all the goodies. Instead, I talked about all the fun items we would be able to indulge in during the next day - it was the mac-daddy of bedtime stories, if I do say so myself.

"Guess what else I got," my voice was giddy with the thought of unveiling yet another surprise.

"What," he asked dutifully.

"I bought some candy corn for us to share. What do you think of that?"

"Um, candy corn is Halloween candy," he responded as if trying to educate me on one of the most obvious facts of life.

I chuckled, "Okay. Well, I guess I will just have to eat it all myself."

"Oh, no. I can eat it in September as well," he assured me.

I gave him a big hug and said, "I am sure that you can. I am sure that it will taste even better because we get it eat it a whole month before Halloween."

He grinned at me - and I knew I was forgiven for leaving him for my weekend get-a-way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024 - dōTERRA BOGOs in Bloom

BOGOs in Bloom is a March 2024 dōTERRA wellness marketing campaign highlighting essential oils and wellness products that help to nourish yo...